A message from the Division Chair
Dear Members of the Entrepreneurship Division!
It's hard to believe that 2017 has almost gone by. This is a great opportunity to review the exciting events of the last year and have a preview on the months to come. With 3,585 members worldwide, ENT is still among the fastest growing divisions of the Academy of Management … and counting! Our five-year review, headed by Alain Fayolle, clearly revealed that we are an interdisciplinary, international and vibrant community with creative initiatives and, of course, great social events. 2017 has been a year with many important milestones for the Division:
- In recognition of their outstanding long-term contributions to our field and in the area of mentoring, Dean A. Sheperd was awarded with our prestigious “Dedication to Entrepreneurship Award” and Charles H. Matthews received the ENT “Mentor Award”
- Alain Fayolle took on his role as Past-Chair
- Peter Klein was elected as the new PDW Chair
- Gry Agnete Alsos, Marie-Louise Verreynne, Donald Siegel, and Denis Gregoire will serve the Division as newly elected RALs
- April Franco has succeeded Tim Folta as Chair of the Awards Committee, Lou Marino has succeeded Kathleen Randerson as the Chair of the Communications Committee, and
- Franz Lohrke took over the Chair position of the Historian Committee from Hans Landström.
I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Chicago in August 2018. Stay tuned for exiting announcements on events, dates and deadlines concerning PDWs, symposia, awards and paper submissions for 2018 by Don, Dawn, and Peter! Please do not forget to volunteer to REVIEW for the meeting and thank you in advance for helping us to grow entrepreneurship scholars also through reviewing!
As Division Chair of 2018, I have dedicated myself to the support of emerging scholars in our Division, taking our slogan "We grow entrepreneurship scholars" at the very heart. With the strong support of Dawn and the Kauffman Foundation in particular, we will seek to stimulate discussions and actions aiming at improving the way through which we help emerging scholars in our discipline to grow and advance the field of entrepreneurship.
I count on the devotion of you, dear members, to continue to support our Division and community that we are all proud to be a part off.
Last, but certainly not least, let me take the opportunity to thank all of you who make the ENT spirit come alive through your time, efforts and dedication to the Division. A brief letter does, unfortunately, not allow me to thank many of you in person. Let me address some of you by name as representatives of all diligent members working on stage and behind the scenes. Thanks go to Carlo Salvato, Alain Fayolle and our past Committee Chairs Kathleen, Hans, and Tim for their numerous years of impressive commitment and service to support the Division and its members. It’s a great honour to follow your footsteps. Our amazing team of Division officers and I will do our best to keep up with your impressive legacy.
ENT Division Chair