Discussion: View Thread

SAVE-THE-DATE for 4th Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship on Thursday, April 11, 2024, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm ET (New York) Virtual

• 1.  SAVE-THE-DATE for 4th Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship on Thursday, April 11, 2024, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm ET (New York) Virtual

Posted 02-28-2024 10:59

The Department of Entrepreneurship, the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship, and the Center for L.I.F.E. (Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship) in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University are pleased to announce the 4th Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Thursday, April 11, 2024.

The L.I.F.E. Research Conference, directed by Dr. Brett Smith at Miami University, is one of the first international conferences to advance research at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship. Building on increased academic research activity and extensive interest from 450+ participants across 25+ countries in the past, this year’s L.I.F.E. Research Conference is designed to advance the research conversation of the relationship between religious faith and entrepreneurship.

Past speakers include: Ted Baker, Gary Bruton, Lowell Busenitz, Melissa Cardon, Dawn DeTienne, Stephanie Fernhaber, Greg Fisher, Bill Gartner, Ali Gümüsay, Phil Kim, Peter Klein, Tom Lumpkin, Jeff McMullen, Chuck Murnieks, Scott Newbert, Ute Stephan, Roy Suddaby, and David Townsend among others who come together to discuss how to advance this research conversation. 

Our plan for the 2024 conference is to continue the conversation, to advance practically relevant, academically rigorous research toward publication in premiere entrepreneurship and management journals. Over the past year, we’ve seen important progress at this intersection with publications in leading entrepreneurship and management journals. Additional traction can be seen in the recent special issue in Small Business Economics (SBE) and Entrepreneurship & Regional Development (ERD) call for papers on Religion & Entrepreneurship.

Building on this momentum, the conference will include: 

• A State of the Field overview of research in the area; 
    • Short presentations on SBE  and ERD Special Issues on religion and entrepreneurship;
    • Keynote presentation: What is Religion & Why Should Entrepreneurship Scholars Care?
    • Panel discussion: Challenges and opportunities of publishing on faith & entrepreneurship
    • Interactive PDW sessions on your research ideas with feedback from leading scholars

REGISTRATION link coming soon!

You can learn more about the L.I.F.E. Program at: www.lifemiamioh.com or the 3rd LIFE Conference at: https://www.liferesearchconference.com/.

------------------------------
    Tim R. Holcomb Ph.D.
    Professor and Chair, Department of Entrepreneurship
    Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
    Farmer School Endres Fellow
    Miami University | Farmer School of Business
    2078C FSB/MSC 1148 | 800 E. High Street | Oxford, Ohio 45056
    ------------------------------