The Maine Business School invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow to focus on research which improves understanding of business model innovations for sustainable and resilient business practices under environmental threats such as climate change. The focal point of this research will be via the context of Maine's outdoor recreation economy, which includes participation in and use of natural spaces for recreation activities and tourism, as well as the design, manufacture, distribution, and sale of products and services that support outdoor recreation activities. The foundational research conducted by the Fellow as part of a multi-disciplinary research team will contribute components to an economic policy "roadmap" for Maine's outdoor recreation economy. As a postdoctoral position, the Fellow will also engage in a plan of professional development appropriate to professionalization in an AACSB-accredited School of Business.
Brief Summary of Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Designs and conducts research activities
· Supports the development of productive and collaborative relationships with stakeholders
· Contributes to or leads the drafting of reports, briefings, and scientific publications to communicate research findings and implications
· Makes presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Engages in professional development planning, seeking mentorship and coaching
· May be engaged in classroom instruction, outreach education programming, or the identification of funding opportunities and the writing of grant proposals
Those with interest in the position are encouraged to review the attached job description.
Applications must be submitted via the job posting on UMaine's HireTouch portal.
The aggressive search timeline (below) allows the College to work around the upcoming holidays. Applications will be accepted and considered until the position is filled.
· Review of applications to begin: November 27, 2023
· Screening interviews to begin no earlier than: December 11, 2023
· On-site interviews to begin no earlier than: January 3, 2024
· Tentative start date: February 1, 2024
For questions, please contact the Search Committee Chair and supervisor, Dr. Jason Entsminger, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and State Extension Specialist for Small Business, via email@example.com.
More details and to apply: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=83208
Connect to the Division