The Africa Business School (ABS) located in Rabat, Morocco, a part of Mohammed IV Polytechnic University (UM6P, Morocco) is recruiting professors in Entrepreneurship.
The Africa Business School is dedicated to creating a rigorous and inclusive center for the development of research and learning in the continent. Drawing on strong private and public support, and in partnership with Columbia University, HEC Paris, and Ecole Polytechnique, ABS aims to become a trendsetter for shaping the social and business landscape in Africa and beyond.
Africa Business School is seeking candidates with ambitious research agendas, preferably with direct relevance in the African continent. Strong quantitative skills and a readiness to advise Ph.D. candidates are essential.
ABS is looking for faculty members in the specialty of Entrepreneurship:
Areas of research interest may include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship
- Sustainable entrepreneurship in Africa
- Developing an entrepreneurial mindset
- Women in entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship in African markets
The position offers:
- A major emphasis on research, with variable teaching requirements
- Initial research seed funding of $250,000, distributed over the first 3 years
- A highly motivated and rigorously selected international student body
- A world-class competitive salary plus a generous benefits package that includes:
- Housing supplement
- Child Tuition Fees
- Insurance: including medical, hospitalization, and life insurance
- Pension: to include the national CNSS Plan and complimentary
- 30 Days of Annually Paid Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Sabbatical Leave
- Partnerships that include:
- Top business schools such as Columbia Business School and HEC Paris
- Top engineering schools such as Ecole Polytechnique
- Potential for unique corporate and public entities enabling applied research, especially within the African Context
Competitive candidates will exhibit a desire to contribute to the development of an emerging school. Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrated ability to design innovative, relevant, and ambitious research and pedagogical projects. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of working at the intersection of multiple academic disciplines. Interdisciplinarity is a value of our research within UM6P.
The position offers substantial autonomy and support for building a state-of-the-art Cluster Department that contributes to developing leadership and scientific capacity in the region.
The philosophy of ABS is to alleviate many of the typical constraints that limit academic research, particularly in developing country contexts. The school values deliberate, significant, and rigorous research. Significant financial resources and personnel support will be provided for successful candidates. Specifically, ABS offers unique opportunities for in-depth, collaborative partnerships with prestigious international universities and the largest corporation in Morocco (OCP).
To be considered your application must contain the all the following elements below:
- A Cover Letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
In the profile of the application, upload the remaining required documents:
- A Research Statement
- Two Representative Publications
- A Teaching Statement (with emphasis on work with Ph.D. students)
AND ASSISTANT PROFESSORS MUST ALSO PROVIDE:
- Two Academic References (complete with Name, Title. Email, and Phone Number)
Africa Business School | Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
For any further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply directly at: Opportunités de carrière : Entrepreneurship Professor - Open Rank (5702) (successfactors.eu)
Africa Business School