Discussion: View Thread

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of the Center for L.I.F.E. (Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship) in the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship at Miami University

• 1.  POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Director of the Center for L.I.F.E. (Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship) in the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship at Miami University

Posted 12-02-2023 13:26

POSITION: The John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University invites applications for Director of the Center for L.I.F.E. (Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship).

BACKGROUND: The John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship is housed in the Department of Entrepreneurship, which has been ranked among the Top 10 public schools for undergraduate entrepreneurship studies (#7 overall globally, #5 among public universities in 2024) for sixteen consecutive years in The Princeton Review® and Entrepreneur Magazine annual ranking of the Top 50 Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Programs in the world, combines strong academic scholarship and rigorous theoretical and empirical research with immersive, practice-based learning opportunities for students. The John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship, past winner of the NASDAQ Center of Entrepreneurial Excellence Award given annually by NASDAQ and the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) to the top entrepreneurship center/institute in the world, supports co-curricular programs in startup and venture capital, social entrepreneurship and impact investing, corporate innovation and technology commercialization, and creativity and entrepreneurial thinking.

For more information about the Department of Entrepreneurship and the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship, please visit: https://miamioh.edu/fsb/academics/entrepreneurship/.

The Center for L.I.F.E. seeks to create world-class knowledge at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship by cultivating pathways to publish excellent research in top-tier journals. The Center for L.I.F.E.'s focus on entrepreneurship is innovative and intentional. It aligns with the rapidly growing industry trend of integrating faith and entrepreneurship worldwide and complements this trend with academically rigorous, practically relevant knowledge creation. L.I.F.E's research, open to all faiths and inter-faith examinations, builds on Miami University's leadership position in interdisciplinary research and practice-based entrepreneurship education in social entrepreneurship and impact investing.

For more information about the Center for L.I.F.E. and the L.I.F.E. initiative, please visit https://lifemiamioh.com/.

RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director, Center for Leading the Integration of Faith & Entrepreneurship (L.I.F.E.) will have a range of responsibilities related to advancing academic research, teaching, and practice related to the Center for L.I.F.E. This includes executing the strategy and tactics related to research, teaching, and practice of the Center for L.I.F.E. It includes actively engaging with stakeholders inside and outside of Miami University, including partners, other universities, and funding organizations. This includes the oversight of all operational issues related to the Center for L.I.F.E., as well as active engagement with the faith and entrepreneurship ecosystem. Finally, this includes the management of marketing and communications related to the Center for L.I.F.E. and the management of the Associate Director.

The Director will be responsible for advancing current and new initiatives related to research and teaching; building and executing current / new events such as research and teaching conferences; increasing engagement with Miami alumni and donors related to L.I.F.E.; managing external communications to relevant stakeholders; executing the scaling of research and teaching related to faith and entrepreneurship; overseeing all activities and personnel for the ongoing development of L.I.F.E., including research activities and student experiences; and other duties as assigned. .

REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in business, entrepreneurship, religious studies or closely related field with 3 years of experience in business, entrepreneurship, religious studies or some combination; OR Bachelor's degree in business, entrepreneurship, religious studies or closely related field with 8 years of experience in business, entrepreneurship, religious studies or some combination; experience and understanding of entrepreneurship (as demonstrated by coursework or professional experience); experience managing a new or growing enterprise. Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends; and ability to travel.

DESIRED: Consideration may be given to candidates with a Master's degree, Ph.D. or D.B.A.; at least 10 years of business, entrepreneurship, management, religious studies, and / or higher education experience; experience in higher education; experience with faith and entrepreneurship ecosystem; and experience developing and promoting new programs or events, excellent written / oral presentation skills and attention to detail.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a cover letter and resume to https://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/502504/director-center-for-life-leading-the-integration-of-faith-entrepreneurship. Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Brett Smith, Endowed Cintas Chair in Entrepreneurship and Founding Director of the Center for L.I.F.E., at smithbr2@miamioh.edu

Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.

For more information on Miami University's diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University's mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.

Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.  Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.

As part of the University's commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.  Criminal background check required.  All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.

Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).

------------------------------
    Tim R. Holcomb Ph.D.
    Professor and Chair, Department of Entrepreneurship
    Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
    Farmer School Endres Fellow
    Miami University | Farmer School of Business
    2078C FSB/MSC 1148 | 800 E. High Street | Oxford, Ohio 45056
    ------------------------------