OPEN RANK FACULTY POSITION IN INNOVATION,
ENTREPRENEURSHIP OR ORGANIZATION
POSITION AT SKEMA BUSINESS SCHOOL (FRANCE)
The KTO Research Center at SKEMA has opened a full-time open-rank academic position in one of the following fields: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, or Organization. We are looking for motivated candidates with an excellent or highly promising research record and demonstrable teaching skills in one of these fields.
Campus: Lille. Paris might be an alternative possibility to be discussed.
Starting date: September 2023.
The professorship at SKEMA is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations. Salary and conditions are in line with European standards.
- Hold or about to complete a Ph.D. in innovation, strategy, entrepreneurship, organization, or a related field, from a world-class institution.
- Track of research publications, or present potential of publishing research for junior scholars, in top-tier journals. Preferably, in areas consistent with the current faculty's specializations.
- Teaching experience in management or related fields.
- Committed to service and outreach activities.
- The language of work and teaching is English. Knowledge of French is not required and won't be used as a selection criterion. SKEMA offers support in learning French.
- Publish peer-reviewed publications in top-tier journals.
- Teach courses in the area of management, especially in innovation, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, and strategy.
- Supervise master students.
- Show academic citizenship, commit to the life of the institution, and contribute to the projects related to the school's strategy.
ABOUT SKEMA BUSINESS SCHOOL
SKEMA Business School's faculty comprises more than 170 professors located across 7 locations: 3 campuses in France (Lille, Paris, Sophia Antipolis), 1 in China (Suzhou), 1 in the United States (Raleigh), 1 in Brazil (Belo Horizonte), and 1 in South Africa (Cape Town). In 2019, the school created an Artificial Intelligence research lab in Canada (Montreal).
SKEMA is accredited at Equis, AACSB, and EFMD–EMBA. Its programs are legally recognized in France, as well as in the United States, Brazil, and China. For further information please visit: https://www.skema.edu/.
The candidate will be a member of the Knowledge, Technology, and Organization (KTO) research centre. KTO includes more than 30 members doing research in management and innovation-related fields (economics, organization, strategy, entrepreneurship, and organizational behavior) and 16 Ph.D. students from the Ph.D. in Management Program. KTO members collaborate across the French campuses of Lille, Paris, and Sophia Antipolis, together with the Brazilian campus of Belo Horizonte. KTO aims at the highest standards of academic excellence and its members have published in top-tier journals, such as Management Science, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, The American Economic Review, and The Review of Economics and Statistics. KTO organizes regular research seminars on the three French campuses and hosts international workshops. SKEMA offers its faculty publication bonuses for peer-reviewed publications.
While the vacancy will be officially opened in September, KTO preliminary interviews candidates interested in the position at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Aug 4th –9th, in Seattle or online via Teams.
We welcome requests for an interview by July 25th. For the preliminary interview package, please send us (i) your CV, (ii) a cover letter, and (iii) your job market paper to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with object: "Interview @AOM".
Clarification questions can be directed to email@example.com to Prof. Francesca Melillo firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that SKEMA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications of candidates from all backgrounds.
SKEMA Business School, Université Côte D'Azur (GREDEG)