Management and Entrepreneurship Department
Position: Professor (Full-time) in Entrepreneurship
Starting date: March 2023
Number of positions: 1
The Management and Entrepreneurship Department of Universidad del Norte invites applicants to fill one full-time position as Professor in Entrepreneurship. We are looking for candidates with a clear commitment to continuous improvement in teaching entrepreneurship at the undergraduate and graduate levels and high-quality research in a developing country context. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in engaging closely with entrepreneurial ecosystems stakeholders that support start-ups.
What we are looking for
We are interested in candidates with:
· PhD or DBA degree completed (preferably in an English-speaking program) in Entrepreneurship or in related fields. ABDs who are scheduled to defend in 2023 will also be considered.
· Interest to contribute to a range of courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs in Entrepreneurship.
· Proven potential for research and publications in high-quality international peer reviewed journals.
· Ability to make significant contributions to entrepreneurship programs beyond teaching (for example, design/manage pitch competitions) at a leading educational institution that aspires to scale-up its entrepreneurial potential.
· Relevant work experience in entrepreneurship will be considered an asset.
· English proficiency is mandatory; a second language proficiency is not required but seen as an asset.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. There are several benefits attached to the contract including publication bonuses and additional vacation days.
The School and the Environment
Universidad del Norte, a private university, is among the Top 10 universities in Colombia located at the beautiful Colombian Caribbean Coast. It has a beautiful campus. Certified with efr® (in English family-friendly company), Universidad del Norte thrives to continuously improve its employee's wellbeing and quality of life, making it one of the Top Employers in Colombia (Best Places to Work). The different research institutes and centres provide the opportunity for interdisciplinary research and teaching.
The Business School is the second largest academic division at the university with a dynamic and diverse, international teaching faculty. It provides a vibrant, highly supportive, and diverse teaching and research environment with a highly collaborative group in the areas of Entrepreneurship, Management, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and International Business. The Entrepreneurship Center and the Innovation and Sustainable Development Center for the Caribbean enable the School to connect with leading businesses, start-ups and stakeholders of the regional and national entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem. The environment is inclusive, collegial, engaging, and intellectually stimulating.
Barranquilla, a cosmopolitan and industrial city. It has been thriving during the past years. Its Entrepreneurial Ecosystem is highly dynamic with start-ups such as Morado, Koombea, Liquitech and Quipu leading the way, offering fantastic opportunities to conduct impactful and highly relevant research.
Interested candidates should send the following documents to Prof. Claudia Díaz, department chair at email@example.com.
· CV including a detailed list of publications, recent teaching, teaching evaluations and contact information.
· Research and teaching statement.
· Copy of all diplomas (undergraduate and graduate degrees obtained)
· Three (3) letters of recommendation.
Questions regarding the position or the Business School can be addressed to Prof. Claudia Díaz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department Chair or Prof. Dr. Jana Schmutzler (email@example.com), Director of the Entrepreneurship Center.
Review of applicants will begin in February 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Dr. rer. oec. Jana Schmutzler
Associate Professor | Business School, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla
Research Fellow | Jackstädt Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research