Calling all graduate students! Are you interested in the fields of management, organization theory, and/or organizational behavior? Do you read Administrative Science Quarterly? Do you hope to publish your work there one day?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, we have an opportunity for you. Since 2013, the ASQ Blog has provided a behind-the-scenes look at published articles. The blog consists primarily of interviews with authors of recent research published in ASQ. To help young scholars build relationships across the field, all interviews are conducted by graduate students. Our hope is that these interviews increase reader engagement with ASQ articles, and build community among ASQ authors and readers (that includes you!).
We're looking to recruit new student interviewers. The process is simple, the time commitment is minimal, and the reward is potentially significant (in the form of both knowledge and new professional ties). Here's what it entails:
- Fill out this form
- We'll use your responses to assign you to an article and pair you with another student contributor
- Read the article you've been assigned, and work with your co-interviewer to draft 4-5 questions (often a mix of content and process-related questions). If you like, you can take a look at past blog posts for inspiration.
- Reach out to the author(s) of your article to see if they'd be willing to participate
- Follow up with the authors and send their responses to us as soon as you're able.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor and see your interview in (virtual) print!
That's it! If you'd like to participate, please fill out the form to get the ball rolling. Also, feel free to forward this invitation to your student colleagues - and don't forget to check out the blog and follow us on Twitter!
The ASQ Blog Editorial Team
Yun Ha Cho (email@example.com)
Maggie Cascadden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Abraham Oshotse (email@example.com)
Luke Hedden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Danielle Bovenberg (email@example.com)
Yun Ha Cho
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI