New Associate Editors for the Journal of Management Studies
The Journal of Management Studies is seeking three Associate Editors to join the General Editors, Jonathan Doh, Caroline Gatrell, Daniel Muzio, and the editorial team of Brian Boyd, Elena Dalpiaz, Mark Healey, Hannes Leroy, Gideon Markman, Kristina Potočnik, Shameen Prashantham, Andrea Prencipe, Weilei Stone Shi, and Christopher Wickert. The term of office is three years in the first instance with an option for a further three. The posts carry a generous honorarium and all necessary travel expenses will be covered.
The Journal of Management Studies was established in 1963 as one of the first general management journals. It publishes innovative, novel and high-quality papers that advance theoretical and empirical knowledge in the area of management. It is one of the leading management journals in the world; it has been part of the FT50 journal list since 2011, has a 2020 Impact Factor of 7.388 and an ISI Ranking of 30/153 (Business) and 35/226 (Management).
Essential qualities sought from candidates include the following:
- Significant scholarly contributions in any area of management studies. It is expected that applicants will identify a specific category as a primary area of expertise, but the ability to handle manuscripts across a wide range topics and domains is important.
- Extensive experience as a reviewer for management journals and, preferably, editorial experience.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, capacity to handle a demanding workload and to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work constructively with authors, reviewers, and the editorial team.
- Must be prepared to contribute to the success of the journal through attendance at editorial meetings and representing the journal at events and institutions.
- Must have methodological expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
Strong candidates with expertise in any area of management studies will be considered, however, we are particularly keen to consider candidates with expertise across a broad spectrum of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, International Business, Organization and Management Theory, and Human Resource Management and Diversity.
Interviews will be held via Zoom, on 1st March 2022. The panel will consist of SAMS Council Members, JMS General Editors and the Editorial Manager.
For an informal discussion of the nature of the editorial tasks and the support that the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) gives to editors in recognition of the time they devote to the Journal, please contact Margaret Turner, Journal of Management Studies, c/o Durham University Business School, Mill Hill Lane, Durham, DH1 3LB.
Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 5396
You may also contact one of the current General Editors: Jonathan Doh (email@example.com), Caroline Gatrell (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Daniel Muzio (email@example.com).
Closing date: Friday, 4th February 2022 (16.00 UK time)
Candidates will hear whether they have been selected for interview by Friday, 18th February 2022.
JMS Website: www.socadms.org.uk/journal-management-studies
SAMS Website: www.socadms.org.uk
If you wish to apply for this post, please email a cover letter to Margaret Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org), this letter should state why you would like to apply, and the skills and qualities you can bring to the post along with a short CV that focuses on your publishing, reviewing and editorial experience.
Journal of Managment Studies