Apologies for cross posting-
Search #: 495778
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Faculty Tenure Track
The Management Department in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin in Fall 2022.
The successful candidate will be expected to share a deep commitment to publishing high quality research in premier management journals, to effective instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to the development of innovative courses, and to the mentoring of students in their professional development. In addition, individuals will be expected to contribute to scholarship and outreach targeted at the professional community so as to maintain faculty qualifications under AACSB guidelines. Successful candidates will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into relevant course content; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
The faculty of the UConn Management Department are a group of scholars, teachers, and people that find professional and personal fulfillment in working with each other and making a difference through research, working with students, and engaging the business community. Our small size (11 tenure-track, 5 non-tenure in-residence) makes for a cohesive yet multidisciplinary program with collaborative efforts across management areas. Our per capita research productivity in premier journals (e.g., Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Strategic Management Journal, Organizational Science, Management Science, and Journal of Management) ranks among the top management departments worldwide. The Department of Management is the academic home of entrepreneurship offering undergraduate and MBA concentrations and minors in connection with the Schools of Engineering and Nursing. This position will support the growth of our research and teaching capabilities in the discipline following the success of our Innovation Quest Program, the Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the newly created Peter J. Werth Institute for Entrepreneurship, created after a transformational gift of $22.5 million in 2018.
Founded in 1881, UConn is a Land Grant and Sea Grant institution and member of the Space Grant Consortium. It is the state's flagship institution of higher education and includes a main campus in Storrs, CT, four regional campuses throughout the state, and 13 Schools and Colleges, including a Law School in Hartford, and Medical and Dental Schools at the UConn Health campus in Farmington. The University has approximately 10,000 faculty and staff and 32,000 students, including nearly 24,000 undergraduates and over 8,000 graduate and professional students. UConn is a Carnegie Foundation R1 (highest research activity) institution, among the top 25 public universities in the nation. Through research, teaching, service, and outreach, UConn embraces diversity and cultivates leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in its students, faculty, staff, and alumni. UConn promotes the health and well-being of citizens by enhancing the social, economic, cultural, and natural environments of the state and beyond. The University serves as a beacon of academic and research excellence as well as a center for innovation and social service to communities. UConn is a leader in many scholarly, research, and innovation areas. Today, the path forward includes exciting opportunities and notable challenges. Record numbers of undergraduate applications and support for student success have enabled the University to become extraordinarily selective.
- For Assistant Professor Rank: Completed Ph.D. in management or related field, or expected by August 22, 2022. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- For Associate Professor Rank: Completed Ph.D. in management or related field and a record of scholarly productivity (with developing national reputation) that would support appointment to the rank of tenured Associate Professor of Management.
- Publications, or potential to publish, in premier management journals.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in higher education.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity through their academic and research programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated collegiality.
- Evidence of pipeline for excellence in Entrepreneurship research.
- Experience in undergraduate and MBA teaching.
- Ability to contribute through research, teaching and/or service, and community engagement to the diversity and excellence of the Department's mission.
- Demonstrated interest in training doctoral students.
- Experience mentoring students from all academic disciplines who are interested in entrepreneurship as a career alternative.
- Experience with entrepreneurial start-ups/ventures.
The position is a full-time, nine-month appointment that will be located primarily at the Storrs campus with the possibility of work at UConn's regional campuses across the state or online. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate's compliance with the University's Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online to Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/20454 and submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter specifically addressing credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page teaching statement with attached teaching evaluations.
- A one-page research and scholarship statement (innovative concepts that will form the basis of academic career, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.)
- A one-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
- Sample journal articles or books
- Three letters of reference.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by December 9, 2021.
For more information regarding the Department of Management, please visit the department website at http://management.business.uconn.edu/.
Inquiries other than applications can be directed to:
University of Connecticut
School of Business
2100 Hillside Road, Unit 1041A
Storrs, CT 06269-1041
This position will be filled subject to budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 09 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 08 2022 Eastern Standard Time
University of Connecticut