The RM Division is seeking to fill the position of Consortium Chair for spring 2022. This is a three year term that begins with this summer's 2022 RMD-CARMA Doctoral Student and Junior Faculty Consortium. For the first year of the term, the chair will be provided supervision and mentoring by last year's Consortium Co-Chairs and the third year will require mentoring the next Consortium Chair. This is a very important position in the RM Division with high visibility, but it is also a very flexible role because the consortium is held virtually every year with the assistance of CARMA. The Consortium Chair also has four student reps and the executive committee at his/her disposal to help with the consortium.
Below is a detailed description of the position. If you want to know more, feel free to email me and/or the Co-Chairs of the 2021 Consortium, Jason Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jeremy Dawson (email@example.com). Interested parties should send (a) an email expressing interest and (b) a vita to Marcus Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, February 4th for consideration. After this date, the RM Executive Committee will choose someone for the position. Please don't miss this opportunity to help out the Research Methods Division and become more involved!
Past RM Chair
Position: Consortium Chair
- Plan the yearly RMD-CARMA Doctoral Student and Junior Faculty Consortium. This includes recruiting track chairs and speakers, as well as coordinating the time and dates of the consortium sessions and participating consortium speakers.
- Recruit and register participants for the consortium.
- Work with CARMA to utilize needed technology to appropriately broadcast the consortium.
- Supervise RM Student Representatives in their duties for the consortium, and employ the help representatives-at-large when needed.
- Involve track chairs in potential succession planning, and help solicit interested nominees to serve as next Consortium Chair.
- Present reports on the status of the consortium at Executive Committee Meetings (annual Academy of Management conference and, if held, mid-year) as well as the Business Meeting (Academy).
Marcus M. Butts, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Management
Associate Professor of Psychology (by courtesy)
Department Chairperson, Management and Organizations
Academic Director, SMU Cox Human Resources Roundtable
Edwin L. Cox School of Business
Southern Methodist University
Crow 278D/P.O. Box 750333
Dallas, Texas 75275