Join us at the 33rd Annual Conference of the
International Association for Business and Society (IABS) in
Beautiful San Francisco June 16th-19th
Submission Deadline EXTENDED! January 22, 2022 – Acceptance of Proposals: March 22, 2022
Consider submitting a proposal to join us for our first in-person conference in 3 years.
The conference theme, "Past, Present, Future" reflects our regular references to pre-pandemic, current dynamics, and what the future will look like. It also reflects the history of our location, the fantastic city of San Francisco, which has moved from the Gold Rush of 1848, to ship building during the 2nd World War, to high-tech in the last few decades, with associated national and international immigration.
While the conference theme invites us to reflect on historical, present, and future relationships between business and society, it is not required that all papers relate specifically to this theme. They must however address issues associated with the relationship between business and society.
Proposals are invited for the following session types: (All proposals should be single spaced with numbered pages, and will be peer-reviewed, though reviews for symposia and workshop proposals, which include submitters' names, will not be blind reviewed).
- Papers: Topics related to business & society using a variety of research paradigms. (3–5-page Abstract)
- Symposia: Can focus on a particular area of business and society research or on a specific teaching-related topic. (3–5-page Abstract)
- Workshops: Working meetings that focus on a specific research or teaching challenge. (3–5-page Abstract)
- Innovative sessions: Activities/experiential exercises that facilitate reflection on the relationship between business and society. (3–5-page Abstract)
- Discussions: Author(s) share an idea that is in the early to middle stages of development but is not yet paper-ready. (1-page Abstract)
More details on the conference and on submission requirements can be found at: https://www.iabs.net/new-page-4, or https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iabs2022 . The conference can't happen without our amazing members and attendees! Please consider joining us, submitting proposals, and signing up to review even if you can't attend.
Registration for the conference is now open. Hop on now to get your early bird discount! https://www.iabs.net/registration2022
We encourage you also to book your hotel room by March 30th (no risk to book early, cancel without penalty up to 72 hours prior to arrival). We have negotiated a special rate for this conference and want to make sure all our members are able to obtain this discount. https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?app=resvlink&id=1634399042146&key=GRP
For any questions, please contact the conference chair, Heather Elms (American University) firstname.lastname@example.org.