The selected candidate will be offered a six-year tenure track position as Assistant Professor. Upon meeting the criteria for tenure as judged by the Amsterdam Business School Promotion and Tenure committee, a permanent contract as associate professor will be offered. The gross monthly salary during the first three years will be, depending on experience, between €4,207 and €5,211 (salary scale 11) based on 38 hours per week (+ 16.3% holiday and end-year payments).
After a positive outcome at the midterm (after two-three years) evaluation the maximum becomes €5,922 (salary scale 12). This is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, regulating employment conditions at Dutch universities. A substantial reduction in income tax (equal to 30% of taxable salary) may apply to non-Dutch candidates for the first few years of employment (subject to tax law). The University of Amsterdam also offers a very attractive pension scheme.
To work at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is to work in a discerning, independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterized by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society. Here you can read more about working at the University of Amsterdam.
What else do we offer?
- A university that is consistently ranked among the world's best universities in global rankings. It is a top-100 university in the Times Higher Education Rankings and QS Rankings.
- A research environment that is inspiring, collaborative and international (around 50% of our staff is international and the fraction of international staff is increasing).
- The campus is located in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Amsterdam offers a vibrant and cosmopolitan living environment, and is appreciated by our international staff especially for the high quality of living, the easy commuting (also between other Dutch cities and Amsterdam), cultural and social life, English as business language, and the excellent connections to the rest of the world.
- Assistance with finding accommodation in or near the city center of Amsterdam via our UvA broker services.
- Assistance in finding employment for your partner. The Amsterdam area is the economic gravity point of the Netherlands, featuring a large demand for high-skilled workers in a tight labour market.