Entrepreneurship Division Mid-Career Consortium 2019: Call for Participants
The Entrepreneurship Division will sponsor a Mid-Career Consortium during the 2019 Academy of Management meetings in Boston, Massachusetts. This exciting event will help Entrepreneurship scholars who have earned promotion and tenure develop a strategy for actively managing the next stage of their careers. The consortium will be highly interactive, providing an incredible opportunity to interact with some of the leading experts of the Entrepreneurship Division.
Past senior scholars have included: Candy Brush, Tom Lumpkin, Jerry Katz, Bill Gartner, Lou Marino, Linda Edelman, Johan Wiklund, Per Davidsson, Phil Phan, Andrew Corbett, Don Kuratko, Marc Gruber, Friederike Welter, Jeff McMullen, Christina Guenther, and Jennifer Jennings.
By interacting with senior scholars such as these, you will be able to design a strategy to achieve your career goals.
Potential topics of discussion:
- Setting the stage for the next chapter of your career
- Leading in academia: Administration - Department chair, Dean, Center Director
- Leading in academia: Book and journal editorships, running conferences
- The global Entrepreneurship scholar and post-tenure changes in the scholarship landscape
- Getting out of the post-tenure rut with our research
- Books versus journal articles
- Joint appointments, sabbaticals, international movement, mid-career job markets
- The Entrepreneurship teacher and executive education
- Identifying and securing grants
- Working with doctoral students
- Service opportunities to the Entrepreneurship Division
Participants will have opportunities to engage in round table discussions with leading experts of the Division to enable them to gather the information each individual needs to help build their career.
Participation is free of charge for participants and lunch will be provided.
The consortium is limited to 50 participants and fills up quickly. To sign up, please email Christopher Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Mid-Career Consortium” in the subject line. The email should include your name, your university affiliation, and your topics of interest with specific questions you want to ask. Details will follow regarding room location and our exact start time.
Participation will be limited to the first 50 people who sign up, on a first come-first serve basis!
Christopher Stevens (Gonzaga University) & Rachida Justo (IE University)
Co-Chairs, ENT Mid-Career Consortium