Nominations are being accepted for the Entrepreneurship Division’s 2019 Dedication to Entrepreneurship Award. This award honors those who have exhibited long-term and exceptional activities that have significantly advanced the development and/or visibility of the entrepreneurship field.
Specifically, the award recognizes activities that advance research, teaching, or practice of entrepreneurship, or activities that advance the growth, visibility, and effectiveness of the Entrepreneurship Division. The award will be given to individuals or organizations for activities that have advanced entrepreneurship scholarship in a variety of ways.
The nomination process and selection criteria are provided below. Please consider submitting a nomination for the Dedication to Entrepreneurship Award. The deadline for receiving applications is June 7, 2019.
Those eligible for the Award shall be either individuals or organizations that have significantly contributed to the advancement of entrepreneurship scholarship in one or more of the following ways. No prioritization of contributions is implied in the following list:
- Developed or enhanced the professionalism, impact or effectiveness of the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of Management; AND/OR
- Increased the visibility and development of entrepreneurship in the broader society; AND/OR
- Improved effective communication and collaboration among entrepreneurship researchers, public policy makers and/or practitioners.
Candidates for the Award will be evaluated according to the relative degree to which they have, throughout their careers or to an exceptional scale, engaged in one or more of the activities described above.
Nominations for the award will be reviewed in accordance with the above criteria by a special committee convened by the Chair of the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of Management. Winner will be announced in late June (or early July) and the award will be presented with a plaque in August at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management in Boston. As in all award categories, the Division reserves the right to not confer an award if adjudicators determine that no award is warranted in a given year. Nominations received in a given year that do not result in an award will automatically be considered for the award in the following year’s review cycle as well. However, nominations that do not result in an award for two consecutive years must be re-nominated to be considered again. Re-nominations are welcome, provided they are accompanied by up-to-date documentation.
To nominate an individual for the Dedication to Entrepreneurship Award, a complete packet of supporting documentation should be submitted to Donald O. Neubaum at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, June 10, 2019. The complete packet must include:
- A letter of nomination that identifies the candidate, the individual(s) making the nomination, and lists the supporting documentation included.
- A copy of the candidate’s Curriculum Vita, if the nominee is an individual.
- A detailed listing of the candidate’s activities that are relevant to the award criteria, with a statement of how the activities relate to one or more of the criteria above.
Whether or not the packet materials are obtained directly from the candidate, it is the responsibility of the person(s) writing the nomination letter to ensure that the nomination package is complete.
Donald O. Neubaum, ENT Division Chair