Discussion: View Thread

Paper submission for AIB UK&I Doctoral Colloquium

• 1.  Paper submission for AIB UK&I Doctoral Colloquium

Posted 01-18-2023 16:04
    49th AIB-UK & Ireland Conference 2023
    Doctoral Colloquium
    Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
    Deadline for Doctoral Colloquium papers: 30 January 2023

The AIB UK&I chapter is organising its 49th conference on 13 - 15 April 2023. The Doctoral Colloquium for PhD students will take place on Thursday, 13th April 2023 for which submissions are invited.

The colloquium provides doctoral researchers working in the field of international business with the opportunity to present and discuss their research with a panel of distinguished scholars in interactive sessions. Doctoral paper presentation sessions are held in a collaborative and friendly atmosphere. Sessions are open to all conference delegates. Students receive oral and written feedback from leading experts in the field on the positioning of their research, refining their data collection approach, and translating their work into full academic papers. Doctoral students at different stages of their thesis are welcome to apply for participation in the colloquium.

In addition to receiving feedback on presentations, participating doctoral students will be invited to attend specialized workshops on research methods and publishing from doctoral thesis. Senior colleagues from the AIB community will deliver the workshops.

Deadline for Doctoral Colloquium papers: 30 January 2023

For paper submissions, follow the following link: Doctoral Colloquium - AIB-UKI (Academy of International Business UK and Ireland Chapter)

There are two streams - A and B. Papers must select which stream they are submitted:

• Doctoral Colloquium Stream A (Advanced/Intermediate), or
    • Doctoral Colloquium Stream B (Beginners/Developmental)

Submission guidelines for doctoral papers can be found from the following link: https://www.aib-uki.org/doctoral-colloquium.html

Following papers will not be accepted:

• Papers submitted to the main conference
    • Joint papers, with the supervisor or any other co-author
    • Papers not following the submission guidelines

Prizes:

Doctoral Colloquium offers two prizes:

• The Michael Z. Brooke Doctoral Prize (£200 and a certificate): for the best doctoral paper.
    • The Neil Hood and Stephen Young Prize (£200 and a certificate): for the most original new work.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Doctoral Colloquium Convenor - Dr Surender Munjal (S.Munjal@lubs.leeds.ac.uk).

------------------------------
    Best wishes,
    Surender

Professor Surender Munjal
    PhD, M Phil, M Com, ACA, ACMA, DIM, Fellow of the HEA
    Professor of International Business and Management
    Treasurer and Founding Secretary, Indian Academy of Management
    Convener, Doctoral Colloquium AIB UK&I
    Centre for International Business | Leeds University Business School University of Leeds | Room G.19 | 10 Cromer Terrace | Leeds | LS2 9JR
    Email: S.Munjal@lubs.leeds.ac.uk | Tel: +44 113 343 8080

Best wishes,
    Surender

Professor Surender Munjal
    PhD, M Phil, M Com, ACA, ACMA, DIM, Fellow of the HEA
    Professor of International Business and Management
    Treasurer and Founding Secretary, Indian Academy of Management
    Convener, Doctoral Colloquium AIB UK&I
    Centre for International Business | Leeds University Business School University of Leeds | Room G.19 | 10 Cromer Terrace | Leeds | LS2 9JR
    Email: S.Munjal@lubs.leeds.ac.uk | Tel: +44 113 343 8080