Discussion: View Thread

FIRST REMINDER: Call for 2nd Annual Ph.D. Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship on August 3 before 2023 AOM Annual Meeting

• 1.  FIRST REMINDER: Call for 2nd Annual Ph.D. Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship on August 3 before 2023 AOM Annual Meeting

Posted 06-02-2023 15:16

The Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship (L.I.F.E.) Research Lab in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Ph.D. Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship to be held in Boston, Massachusetts on Thursday, August 3, 2023 prior to the 83rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.

The L.I.F.E. Research Lab seeks to create world class knowledge at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship through cultivating pathways to publish excellent research in top-tier journals. Following the 3rd Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship held earlier this month, we are excited to present, for the second time, a one-day seminar for Ph.D. candidates that will center on the theoretical, methodological, and topical opportunities that exist for research at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship. The seminar is led by Dr. Brett Smith, Cintas Chair in Entrepreneurship at Miami University, Dr. Melissa Cardon, the Haslam Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Tennessee, and Dr. David Townsend, the Schulze Professor of Entrepreneurship and Associate Professor at Virginia Tech University, and will include Dr. Stephanie Fernhaber, Professor of Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Butler University, and Dr. Ali Aslan Gümüsay, Professor of Innovation Entrepreneurship & Sustainability at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, among others.

The seminar will run from 9 am - 4:30 pm (EST). Following the seminar, there will be a L.I.F.E. Social for participants and others who might be interest in research on faith and entrepreneurship.

REGISTER to participate in the 2nd Annual PhD Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship HERE.

Feel free to reach out to Amanda Lawson, Assistant Director for Research in the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship, at LawsonA8@MiamiOH.edu with any questions. 

To learn more about the L.I.F.E. Program, please visit www.lifemiamioh.com. You may also view recorded videos from the the 3rd Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship on our YouTube Channel HERE.

------------------------------
    Tim R. Holcomb Ph.D.
    Professor and Chair, Department of Entrepreneurship
    Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
    Farmer School Endres Fellow
    Miami University | Farmer School of Business
    2078C FSB/MSC 1148 | 800 E. High Street | Oxford, Ohio 45056
    ------------------------------