Discussion: View Thread

Final few days - Please share your ideas on Federal Government Regional Tech Hubs program - Deadline March 16th

• 1.  Final few days - Please share your ideas on Federal Government Regional Tech Hubs program - Deadline March 16th

Posted 03-13-2023 23:17

Hello ENT colleagues!

A reminder to please share your ideas and input to EDA /Dept of Commerce - on what the $10B Regional Tech & Innovation Hub program could look like!  The RFI is here

Suggestions and comments are due by 5pm on March 16th.  The exciting news is that the initial $500 million has been appropriated through the CHIPS and Science Act, so EDA is going to work to begin building the Reg Tech Hubs programs now. 

So we need your input!  The new federal funding authority allows EDA to:

• designate Tech Hubs,
    • award funding for Tech Hubs strategy development (i.e., planning and capacity building), and
    • award funding for Tech Hubs strategy implementation (i.e., projects),

(subject to constraints and targets outlined in detail in the full text of the statute.)  

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.  This program is a BIG win for US Entrepreneurship and has the potential to make real impact on current and future entrepreneurs as well as communities nationwide.  And it's a real statement by the federal government to focus on technology, innovation and entrepreneurship in industrial policy.  So please do your part, and help serve the country by sharing your ideas!  We need them!

Thanks,

Lakshmi

------------------------------
    Lakshmi Balachandra, MBA, PhD
    AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow, NSF
    On Detail to:
    Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
    Economic Development Administration
    lbalachandra@eda.gov
    ------------------------------