Discussion: View Thread

CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT: 3rd Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship on April 6, 2023 (Virtual Meeting)

• 1.  CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT: 3rd Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship on April 6, 2023 (Virtual Meeting)

Posted 02-05-2023 16:34
    3rd Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship 
    April 6, 2023
    Virtual Meeting

The Department of Entrepreneurship, the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship, and the Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship (L.I.F.E.) Research Lab in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University are pleased to announce the 3rd Annual L.I.F.E. (Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship) Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship.

The L.I.F.E. Research Conference, directed by Dr. Brett Smith, the Endowed Cintas Chair in Entrepreneurship and Founding Director of the L.I.F.E. Research Lab at Miami University, is one of the first international conferences to advance research at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship. Building on increased academic research activity and extensive interest from participants in last year's L.I.F.E. Research Conference, this year's conference is designed to advance the research conversation of the relationship between religious faith and entrepreneurship.

This year’s speakers include: Jorn Block, Lowell Busenitz, Greg Fisher, Bill Gartner, Peter Klein, Tom
    Lumpkin, Chuck Murnieks, Erin Powell, Ute Stephan, Roy Suddaby, and David Townsend among others
    came together to discuss how to advance this research conversation. A variety of sessions, including a
    keynote by one of the pioneering scholars on the psychology of religion, Kenneth Pargament, and several
    topical panels will provide a wealth of content and conversations for participants.

Our hope for the 2023 conference is to continue the conversation, to advance practically relevant, academically rigorous research toward publication in premiere entrepreneurship and management journals. Over the past year, we’ve seen continued progress at this intersection with publications in leading journals (e.g., Smith, Lawson, Jones, Holcomb, & Minnich, 2022 – JBE; Xu, Tang, & Liu, 2022 - JMS). Additional traction can be seen in the forthcoming special issue in Small Business Economics on Religion & Entrepreneurship (Janssen, Hoogendoorn, Rietveld, van Burg & Dejardin).

Building on this momentum, the conference will include: 

• A "State of the Field" presentation by various ENT and MGT journal editors
    • Panel discussions on Social Entrepreneurship, Institutional Theory, Identity, and Entrepreneurial Action
    • Keynote presentation by Kenneth Pargament, Professor Emeritus of Psychology at Bowling Green State University
    • PDW session on theory elaboration with Greg Fisher, Associate Professor and the Larry and Barbara Sharpf Professorship in Entrepreneurship at Indiana University, and Glen Kreiner, Management Department Chair and the L.S. Skaggs Presidential Chair in Business Ethics at University of Utah

REGISTER: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/life-research-conference-tickets-529379557507

You can learn more about the L.I.F.E. Program at: www.lifemiamioh.com or stream previous L.I.F.E. Research Conferences on Faith & Entrepreneurship at: https://www.liferesearchconference.com/.

------------------------------
    Tim R. Holcomb Ph.D.
    Professor and Chair, Department of Entrepreneurship
    Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
    Farmer School Endres Fellow
    Miami University | Farmer School of Business
    2078C FSB/MSC 1148 | 800 E. High Street | Oxford, Ohio 45056
    ------------------------------