Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Central list of schools seeking PhD programs?

Posted 01-28-2023 07:08
    I probably should know this but after the third prospective PhD student asked me... 
    TIA!

Norris

"How can I help you to grow entrepreneurs?" 
    Norris Krueger, Ph.D.
    Want to know what I'm up to? My last 12 months!

• 2.  RE: Central list of schools seeking PhD programs?

Posted 01-29-2023 11:41
    Good question, Norris. I am not aware of a central list. The University of Lousiville Entrepreneurship PhD takes a cohort every other year, with the next intake planned for Fall 2024. Admission deadline is January 31, 2024  Admitted students fully funded, including competitive stipend. 

More info;
    https://business.louisville.edu/academics-programs/graduate-programs/eandi-phd/

------------------------------
    Daniel Bennett
    Assistant Professor
    University of Louisville
    Jeffersonville IN

• 3.  RE: Central list of schools seeking PhD programs?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-30-2023 20:22
    There could be a valuable service the ENT Division does for the next generation of members and the current doctoral schools if they publicly posted (i.e. not behind the AOM paywall) a list of schools and perhaps a couple of times a year post which ones have positions still open. In olden days, the APA Monitor had listings in their classified section of schools with openings in clinical and I/O psych as of March, so a frantic but hopeful effort to get all programs successfully filled could happen. I've got a partial list of schools with doctoral programs in entrepreneurship at https://sites.google.com/a/slu.edu/eweb/entrepreneurship-infrastructure/doctoral-programs-in-entrepreneurship which I would be glad to donate to get the effort started, and if someone built an email list and did blasts a couple of times a year, it could be a real service to the field. I'd do it but my bandwidth isn't sufficient (you can tell given I haven't done a major update of my list since 2019).

Jerome Katz
    Brockhaus Chair in Entrepreneurship
    Saint Louis University
    jerome.katz@slu.edu

• 4.  RE: Central list of schools seeking PhD programs?

Posted 01-30-2023 20:24

I too don't know of a central listing, although I recall in the 80's (and perhaps later) PhD programs in psychology posted in the APA Monitor March and April issues when they had openings in their doctoral programs. It helped make sure those who wanted PhDs had every chance to pursue them. Today it would be easy enough if the Division created such a place virtually (hopefully in a location accessible to all, even those students and other not yet AOM members). As to lists of PhD programs in entrepreneurship, when I have time I try to keep up one such at https://sites.google.com/a/slu.edu/eweb/entrepreneurship-infrastructure/doctoral-programs-in-entrepreneurship. I'd gladly contribute it to the Division as a starting point for soliciting input from doctoral programs.

Jerry

--

Jerome A. Katz | Robert H. Brockhaus Chair of Entrepreneurship | Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business, Saint Louis University, 314-302-0641 (cell/text)  |  jerome.katz@slu.edu,  http://eweb.slu.edu

• 5.  RE: Central list of schools seeking PhD programs?

Posted 02-01-2023 09:37
    Thanks, Jerry! Such a list could be a terrific recruiting tool for ENT. Could it be made easily accessible for non-Connect people? (The odds of a potential PhD student being subscribed here seem vanishingly small.)

Maybe it also makes sense to have a separate feed for all ENT job listings?

Good to see you post, Jerry - we have missed you!

Norris Krueger
    Kauffman ESHIP/Entrepreneurship Northwest
    Boise ID
    (208) 440-3747