Discussion: View Thread

Call for 3rd Annual Ph.D. Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship sponsored by the Center for L.I.F.E. at Miami University at 2024 AOM Annual Meeting

• 1.  Call for 3rd Annual Ph.D. Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship sponsored by the Center for L.I.F.E. at Miami University at 2024 AOM Annual Meeting

Posted 13 days ago

The Center for L.I.F.E. (Leading the Integration of Faith and Entrepreneurship) in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Ph.D. Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship to be held in Chicago, Illinois on Thursday, August 8, 2024, prior to the 84th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.

Led by Founding Executive Director Dr. Brett Smith, University Distinguished Professor and the Endowed Cintas Chair in Entrepreneurship at Miami, the Center for L.I.F.E. seeks to create world class knowledge at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship through cultivating pathways to publish excellent research in top-tier journals. Following the success of the 4th Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship held in April, which has attracted more than 800 scholars and doctoral students from 25+ countries since the inaugural conference in 2021, we are excited to present, for the third time, a one-day seminar for doctoral candidates that will center on the theoretical, methodological, and topical opportunities that exist for research at the intersection of faith and entrepreneurship. Past speakers have included: Dr. Melissa Cardon, Dr. David Townsend, and Dr. Stephanie Fernhaber. Previous student participants have published research on faith and entrepreneurship in leading management and entrepreneurship journals, including Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Business Venturing, and Small Business Economics, among others.

The seminar will run from 9 am - 4:30 pm (EST). Following the seminar, there will be a L.I.F.E. Social for participants and others in the AOM Community who are interested in research on faith and entrepreneurship.

REGISTER to participate in the 4th Annual PhD Seminar on Religion and Entrepreneurship HERE.

Feel free to reach out to Tara Hoppe, Associate Director in the Center for L.I.F.E., at HoppeTL@MiamiOH.edu with any questions. 

To learn more about the L.I.F.E. Program, please visit www.lifemiamioh.com. To view recorded videos from the 4th Annual L.I.F.E. Research Conference on Faith & Entrepreneurship, visit the Center for L.I.F.E.'s YouTube Channel HERE.

------------------------------
    Tim R. Holcomb Ph.D.
    Professor and Chair, Department of Entrepreneurship
    Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
    Farmer School Endres Fellow
    Miami University | Farmer School of Business
    2078C FSB/MSC 1148 | 800 E. High Street | Oxford, Ohio 45056
    ------------------------------