Discussion: View Thread

ASQ Data and Methods Transparency Policy

• 1.  ASQ Data and Methods Transparency Policy

Posted 3 days ago

ASQ is implementing a new data and methods transparency policy effective July 1, 2024.  This new policy is part of our ongoing efforts to increase the rigor, integrity, and impact of articles published in ASQ. We know this will be a significant change in practice for many.

To help authors prepare for this transition, Deputy Editor András Tilcsik and I are holding a webinar on Thursday, June 20 at 10 am EDT / 7 am PDT / 3 pm BST / 11 pm JST. After we explain the policy and the updated submission process, there will be an opportunity for you to ask questions. You may register for the webinar here. (In response to two required registration questions, select "Friend" of USC as your affiliation and type "NA" for alumni school/year.)

I have also created this short video providing an overview of the policy and highlighting how the policy will be implemented in the submission process. 

You can find the entire policy in the submission guidelines on the ASQ website as well as read about the development of the policy in the June issue letter from the editors.

I hope these resources will be helpful to authors as we move closer to July 1.

Christine Beckman

Editor, Administrative Science Quarterly

------------------------------
    Christine Beckman
    University of Southern California
    Los Angeles CA
    ------------------------------