We cordially invite you to the inaugural Family Enterprise Research Conference (FERC)-ASIA Chapter, hosted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, India. This conference aims to facilitate exchange of ideas and research collaborations between scholars from various regions of the world. We welcome family business researchers in Asia, Eurasia, Far East, Middle East, as well as from Europe and North America to build knowledge on family firms that applies more widely.
Submissions Open: June 1, 2020
Submissions Close: July 1, 2020 (11 pm Indian Standard Time)
Notification of Acceptance: August 15, 2020
- Keynote Panels
- Poster Presentations
- Paper Development Session
- AMJ’s Paper Development Workshop (PDW)
- Social events like authentic Gujarati dinner and an excursion to the historic Mahatama Gandhi Ashram and Adalaj-Stepwells
CALL FOR PAPERS FOR POSTER SESSIONS
The phenomenal growth of family business research over the past three decades has highlighted the significance of family firms around the world. While great progress has been made to understand how family firms are differentiated from non-family firms in the Western economies, there is limited work on understanding heterogeneity within family businesses. While doing so, the role of family, context, culture, to list a few, in family businesses needs to be explored. Therefore, this research conference calls for papers that integrates different disciplines like psychology, sociology, family science literatures, with family business literature and/or uses different theoretical and methodological lenses to help researchers and practitioners understand nuances associated with family businesses more deeply.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR POSTER SESSIONS
- Submissions will be accepted in English only.
- The submission could be an extended abstract of 10 pages at max (all inclusive) or a full length manuscript that could be of 40 pages at max (all inclusive). Formatting style should be Times New Roman, 12 font size and double spacing.
- Please ensure that the submitted paper has not been accepted for publication anywhere else.
- The submitting author must be willing to review at least two other submissions for the conference.
- Please note that NOT all the accepted papers for Poster sessions will be eligible for paper development discussion session. The most promising ‘full length’ papers submitted to the conference will be invited by the conference organizing committee to the paper development discussion sessions.
- For PDW by AMJ, the AMJ team will handle the submissions and guidelines corresponding to this will be updated on the conference website by February 28, 2020.
All submissions will be blind reviewed by reviewers of FERC-ASIA. Accepted papers will be presented in poster format at the FERC-ASIA. For more information, related to the conference: please visit the conference website.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), India is a premiere management education institute in India that gets featured in Top FT-50 MBA schools in the world on consistent basis. It is considered to be the toughest institute to get into for MBA education in Asia. IIM Ahmedabad has a lush-green campus that sprawls over 70 acres’ hectares. The conference will be conducted in the new campus of IIM Ahmedabad that adjoins the old campus (Heritage Campus). The conference dates are December 15-December 16, 2020.
December is a pleasant month in Ahmedabad and it is advised that the visitors carry some warm clothes and jackets along with them. Ahmedabad is situated in the state of Gujarat, India. Gujarat is known for its textile and pharmaceutical clusters, strong family business communities, and as a birthplace of the great Indian leader ‘Mahatma Gandhi’. Ahmedabad is the city where Mahatma Gandhi spent a few crucial years of his life during India’s freedom movement. Ahmedabad has Mahatma Gandhi’s ashram, textile Museum-Calico, and step wells for sightseeing. We are sure that your visit to India, especially to Gujarat and the neighboring state of Rajasthan (each of which have a rich heritage) will be a memorable and pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you in India.