The Social Entrepreneurship Summit – SES - brings together academics, students, business leaders, government officials and social entrepreneurs to co-create solutions to the most challenging issues of our society. This summit aims at gathering all different actors to foster the collaboration among themselves and to intensify the hands-off support to social entrepreneurs. The summit is organized by Equalisi BVBA, in cooperation with the Chair of Social Entrepreneurship at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium) and ESPAE Escuela de Negocios (Ecuador).
Last year, SES was held in Santa Marta, Colombia, with more than 120 participants, of which 70 presentations from 15 different countries and 30 participants in the fair. We are proud to present the SES2020 edition to be held in Guayaquil, Ecuador with the title "Innovative solutions for a sustainable tomorrow". For two days, participants in the summit will exchange ideas on how to develop innovative solutions for the sustainability challenges that our societies face. At the summit, participants will benefit from the provoking talks of distinguished Key Note Speakers, as well as from direct contact with numerous social entrepreneurs at the social entrepreneurship fair.
- Social Entrepreneurship and their innovative business models;
- Building a strong and supportive ecosystem to support social entrepreneurs;
- Social entrepreneurship and BoP context (with attention to vulnerable communities and disadvantaged groups);
- Social innovation (including presentation of best practices and cases);
- The role of universities to promote and support social entrepreneurship;
- Case studies of successful social entrepreneurs;
- Circular economy and new business models.
This is not an exhaustive list of topics. Therefore, we will welcome any other submission on topics related to Social Entrepreneurship.
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts - April 30, 2020
- Notification of Authors - June 10, 2020
- Submission of Revised Abstracts or Short Papers - August 10, 2020
- Registration Deadline - August 15, 2020
- Conference Get Together and keynote address - September 9, 2020
- Conference sessions - September 10-11, 2020
- Social Entrepreneurship Fair - September 11, 2020