CALL FOR PAPERS
ODU Virtual Colloquium on Transitional Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship among: Veterans, Women, Minorities, Immigrants, Refugees
June 18th and 19th 2021, Norfolk, Virginia
Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University will host a virtual/hybrid colloquium in Transitional Entrepreneurship on June 18th and 19th, 2021. The colloquium is the first of a series of annual colloquia supported by a grant from the E. W. Kauffman Foundation. Due to COVID-19, the 2021 edition of the colloquium will be in virtual/hybrid format.
We invite scholars, students and practitioners to submit completed papers or ‘works in progress’ for presentation at the colloquium.
We use the term transitional entrepreneurship to describe entrepreneurs who launch ventures to accomplish significant life or career transitions. The conference will focus on scholarship concerning entrepreneurship among individuals from the following backgrounds:
- Military Veterans
- Individuals in economically distressed communities
As research on entrepreneurship on some of the transitional communities is at an early stage, we welcome papers from multiple perspectives, methodologies, regions and themes, with implications for theory, practice and policy.
We hope that these annual colloquiums will achieve the following:
- build a supportive community of scholars interested in transitional entrepreneurship
- generate and disseminate data and a body of knowledge that motivates relevant future research projects and actionable ideas about transitional entrepreneurship
- explore similarities and differences in transitional entrepreneurship
Panel discussions will feature leading scholars who share their work and provide thought provoking ideas and directions for future research in transitional entrepreneurship.
Paper sessions will offer scholars an opportunity to present their research and receive feedback from attendees.
Case study sessions will feature transitional entrepreneurs and mentors sharing their experiences.
Paper development workshop for junior faculty & doctoral students
Networking and Meet the Editors sessions
- Garry Bruton, Texas Christian University
- Mike Morris, University of Notre Dame
- Phillip Phan, Johns Hopkins University
- Maija Renko, DePaul University
- Peter Roberts, Emory University
- Mike Haynie, Syracuse University
- Mirza Tihic and Rosalinda V. Maury, Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF)
- Shaker Zahra, University of Minnesota
Saurabh A. Lall
University of Oregon
University of Houston-Victoria
Morgan State University
Transitional Entrepreneurship in
Borough of Manhattan Community College (CUNY)
April 1st: Submission Deadline
May 1st: Decisions on Manuscripts and Registration Opens
Registration: Free for all authors with accepted papers. Limited number of guest passes available for doctoral students.
Anil Nair Li-Wei Chen
Questions about colloquium: