Cal State Monterey Bay encourages applications for the following Management position. Separately, we will soon announce an opening in Entrepreneurship.
POSITION: Assistant or Associate Professor of Management
TYPE: Tenure-Track (ABD can apply)
Powered by an inspiring Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
The College of Business (COB) at California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) seeks outstanding candidates for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position in Management, beginning Fall 2019.
CSUMB is the 21st campus of the CSU system and provides over 7,500 students an extraordinary opportunity to learn on a residential campus just one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. Its diverse student body receives personal attention in small classes while pursuing degrees in 25 undergraduate and 8 graduate majors. In 2013, the President of the University formed the College of Business (COB) with one of the primary goals being the pursuit of accreditation by AACSB International. In 2015, COB moved into a new state-of-the-art building to serve its more than 1,000 undergraduate students enrolled in two B.S. degree programs: 1) Business Administration and 2) Sustainable Hospitality Management. The online MBA has over 200 graduate students and is the largest graduate program on campus. COB also hosts the Institute for Innovation & Economic Development (iiED) and is a partner in the Small Business Development Center.
· Teaching 8 credits per semester for the first two years and thereafter teaching 12 credits per semester of undergraduate and graduate level courses
· Facilitating engaged learning to promote student success in an outcomes-based education environment.
· Contributing to continuous improvement in undergraduate and graduate curriculum design and delivery
· Demonstrating research productivity and maintaining Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards through continuous scholarly activities
· Participating actively and exercising collaborative peer leadership in college-level and university-level administrative committees
· Using academic training and experience to serve the profession and the public and to contribute to the CSUMB Vision
· Mentoring students and supporting their career goals, such as through introductions and referrals to relevant firms.
· Ph.D. in management or a related field by the time of appointment from a regionally and/or AACSB accredited doctoral program
· Commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate level and the potential to teach at the graduate level
· Ability to teach a range of management courses effectively in various delivery modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, fully online)
· Ability, demonstrated by evidence of a publication track record, to regularly publish research in relevant peer‐reviewed journals. Candidates seeking a position at the Associate rank must demonstrate a publication record commensurate with rank
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues
· Sensitivity in working with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and business community
· Ability to work with the business community to further the goals of the students, college, and university
· Work experience in business
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Ability to teach a variety of courses related to management, including organizational behavior and/or human resource management
· Since CSUMB's business community is composed in large part of agriculture, hospitality, and small businesses, knowledge and experience with any of these stakeholders are preferred
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
JOB POSTING DATE: 11/7/2018
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: 12/10/2018
APPOINTMENT DATE: Fall 2019
APPLY: A completed online application, including a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, a published work that best represents your current research profile, and teaching evaluations must be received by University Personnel by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screening date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB will not fax application materials.For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389, or TDD at (800) 735-2929. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library or our Student Services Building – first floor. Please check the links provided for the respective hours and the location of each site.
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Connect to the Division